Mon, 8 December 2014
just took a skill he already had applied to the wedding employeedment
"Just gotta wing and get going. I think too many people play business too safe."
ADVICE For Entrepreneurs
If could tattoo a saying on your body "Hold Fast"
Sun, 7 December 2014
LoveSac, $50M Selling World's Biggest Bean Bag Chair & Becoming Billionaire Richard Branson's Protege
Ten days after high school self made millionaire entrepreneur, Shawn Nelson, thought it would be funny to make the world's biggest bean bag chair
Today, LoveSac has grown organically into over $50 Million in annual sales, 60 retails stores, double digit online business sales growth with ZERO marketing or advertising.
- How he came up with his big idea
- How bean bag chairs lead Nelson to innovate an even more successful product, Sactionals.
- Why LoveSac stopped all marketing to focus on one thing.
- The (surprising) lesson he learned from looking behing the curtain of Richard Branson's business empire - (that will help your business mindset)
- What Richard Branson thinks about "luck" in business
- How LoveSac is "revolutionizing" the furniture industry.
...in the latest Episode of Self Made Entrepreneur
Fri, 5 December 2014
Robin Ribeiro, single mom turns grandmother's home remedy into a crossfit brand that speeds up painful hand rips and tears for crossfit athletes and how she uses social media to build her online business.
- Her social media "hustle" strategy for getting wholesalers to sell RipFix
- The biggest lessons she's learned about using social media to build her brand and business.
- Why her trademark application was rejected and what she did to get the government to change their mind and approve it.
Thu, 4 December 2014
"Because in business, whever tells the best story, wins."
Chris Westfall is the national elevator pitch champion, and the author of The NEW Elevator Pitch and BulletProof Branding. His strategies have created multi-million dollar revenue streams across a wide array of industries around the globe. With clients on four continents, he has appeared on CNN, ABC-NEWS, NBC-TV, and in The New York Post. Focused on helping entrepreneurs succeed, he’s coached companies on Shark Tank and Dragon’s Den. Fortune 100 Clients include Cisco, RE/MAX, Unilever, Experian, HP, and businesses of all shapes and sizes. An award-winning MBA instructor at a top-10 business school, he is widely recognized as an expert on marketing, branding and leadership – with an international executive coaching clientele. His keynote, Bullet Proof Branding, helps companies to create a story that’s captivating and concise – leading to new revenues, new partnerships, and new investments.
Passionate about helping tomorrow’s leaders, Chris is the publisher of The Millennial CEOby Daniel Newman.
He has spoken at the University of Chicago, Southeastern Panhellenic Association, Kansas State University, The University of Pennsylvania, OSU, Alpha Omicron Pi, Texas A&M and more.
For Press Information and Publicity, click here
Wed, 3 December 2014
HourlyNerd.com is disrupting the traditional consulting industry with it's unique marketplace.
Patrick Petitti, former consultant and business school student turned his disruptive idea for a marketplace for high-end consultants into over $5M in online sales in 1-year and attracting Mark Cuban from Shark Tank as an investor.
- How he and his co-founder came up with the business idea
- How he tested the validity of the idea and got his first customers.
- Why he turned down an offer to appear on Shark Tank
- His most effective marketing tactic
- How he attracted Mark Cuban as an investor
- The first 3 questions Cuban asked before investing
- Why boutique consulting firms are HourlyNerd.com
- Unique advice for consultants who want to increase their clientelle
Uber.com - because he'd rather work on emails in confort than drive himself to work
TaskRabbit.com - He has a story of it saving his butt for $50
Tue, 2 December 2014
On this week's AfterShark - How a painful business failure gave Moshe Weiss his big business idea for SoundBender, that led to 2 successful crowdfuning campaigns - raising $18,000 and got him invited to the Shark Tank where he did a $50,000 plus deal with Daymond John.
- The mistake he made on his first Kickstarter crowdfuning campaign and what he did differently on the next 2 to raise 8,000 and $10,000 in funding for his business idea.
- What's he's doing differently to get the word out - on his next crowdfunding campaign.
Practical advice for overcoming painful personal setbacks and business failures.
- Display of Power - by Daymond John
- The Brand Within - by Daymond John.
Mon, 1 December 2014
Austen Allred, went from homeless and sleeping in the trunk of his car in Silicon and living off $100 a month to raising $700,000 for his revolutionary business idea that could change journalist and how news is reported.
Books He Recommends
Founders at Work
Hard Things About Hard Times -
Mon, 1 December 2014
Thu, 27 November 2014
Jeremy Chatelaine, former Swiss bank employee turned saas online entrepreneur found his business idea right under his nose. His software as a service startup, Quickmail.io, is a sales tool that makes prospecting for sales via email faster and easier than by doing it manually.
- The brilliant tactic he used to research business ideas
- How he found his business idea (that was right under his nose)
- How he found his first customers
- How markets his software as a service (saas) business
- How he went from employee to $5,000 a month recurring revenue in under 6 months
Wed, 26 November 2014
Untuckit Shirts Growing 600% with Zero Online Marketing - Fashion | Online Business | Ecommerce | Entrepreneur
Untuckit designs men's shirts designed to be untucked.
- How he found the business idea- The unique way he validated the market
- Why his website is converting 6x higher than industry average. (It's not what you'd suspect)- How he's using old school marketing to drive online sales.
"We live in an amazing time because with the Internet, you don't ned expertise, just and idea and you can be in business."